Business Process Management System
What is a business process management system?Business process management systems automate core business processes from "end to end." That means a good Business process management system has the tools and technologies to include human-focused tasks along with machine processing applications to allow a company or organization to flexibly manage its work. Business process management systems also include reporting and charting capabilities to permit end users and managers to understand the throughput and response times of the business processes. Business process management system is the technology that implements BPM.
Why do we need Business Process Management Systems?Every organization's day-to-day work practices, from shipping clerk to CEO, require processes to be managed. Business process management system provides:
- A fast, agile process in which IT and business work together using tools that enable them to arrive at solutions that not only support the organization's goals today, but also prepare them for new challenges in the future.
- For IT staff or non-technical business users to optimize business rules in real-time, supporting an iterative process that enables rule change, versioning and simple execution.
- A number of different means through which the business analyst or manager can continuously monitor and measure improvements, both within single and across multiple business processes.
- For the automation of routine transactions and dynamic human collaborations.
Business Process Management Systems BenefitsSome of the benefits of using business process management systems include:
- BPM increases operational efficiencies, speeding time to market and time to service.
- BPM leverages existing standards, permitting the reuse of legacy applications and the creation of new IT assets.
- BPM improves regulatory compliance, gained through improved process control, regulation and monitoring.
- BPM offers increased customer retention, achieved through better, faster and deeper integration of customer and sales management systems.
- BPM combined with SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) bridges the gap between the technically-minded creators of services and the business-minded users of them.
Business process management systems offers users the ability to always know what is going on in the business. Click the screenshot above to view a standard report generated from BPM software.
Download Business Process Management SystemDownload a free, supported 30-day trial of ActiveVOS, the world's first 100% standards-based business process management system. Some of the most important standards included in ActiveVOS are BPEL and BPMN.