Business Process Management Software
What is business process management software?Business process management (BPM) software permits organizations to automate business processes, collaborate across IT and business boundaries, control the overall state of the business and adapt rapidly and easily to change. The objectives of business process management software include reducing costs, improving productivity or reducing risks.
Why do we need business process management software?Every organization's day-to-day work practices, from shipping clerk to CEO, require processes to be managed. BPM software provides:
- A fast, agile process in which IT and business work together using tools that enable them to arrive at solutions that not only support the organization's goals today, but also prepare them for new challenges in the future.
- For IT staff or non-technical business users to optimize business rules in real-time, supporting an iterative process that enables rule change, versioning and simple execution.
- A number of different means through which the business analyst or manager can continuously monitor and measure improvements, both within single and across multiple business processes.
- For the automation of routine transactions and dynamic human collaborations.
Business Process Management Software BenefitsSome of the benefits of using BPM software include:
- BPM increases operational efficiencies, speeding time to market and time to service.
- BPM leverages existing standards, permitting the reuse of legacy applications and the creation of new IT assets.
- BPM improves regulatory compliance, gained through improved process control, regulation and monitoring.
- BPM offers increased customer retention, achieved through better, faster and deeper integration of customer and sales management systems.
- BPM combined with SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) bridges the gap between the technically-minded creators of services and the business-minded users of them.
Business process management software offers users the ability to always know what is going on in the business. Click the screenshot above to view a standard report generated from BPM software.
Download Business Process Management SoftwareDownload a free, supported 30-day trial of ActiveVOS, the world's first 100% standards-based business process management software. Some of the most important standards included in ActiveVOS are BPEL and BPMN.